As an employer one of your chief priorities is making sure that your employees are healthy for much of the time. Each time even one of them is off sick you lose in terms of productivity. When many employers think about employees being away from work due to illness they think of the obvious culprits like the flu and upset stomachs but have you ever stopped to think about longer term absences that are caused by poor lifestyles?
Today, many people are slaves to their workplace – they have to be there for most of the day or night. As a result they find themselves missing out on two of the most essential requirements for good health. They eat more junk than is healthy for them or skip meals altogether, and they miss out on exercises that can keep them healthier for longer. Today’s employer has the potential to provide healthy choices that by looking at what options are available to them. While there may not be much that you can do about your employees getting exercise, you can certainly influence how they eat by asking yourself a simple question – are there vending companies near me that can provide a reliable service?
Vending machines have long existed in the workplace to provide employees with snacks whenever they feel hungry. Today’s employer has the option to make these snacks healthier than the traditional fare. If you find the right vending machine company they will give you a wide variety of snacks to choose from, and because you want a healthy workforce you will only choose the best. These machines deliver more than just snacks – you can also have the stocked with coffee and water so that your employees can get their caffeine boost and hydration from there as well. These are not the only benefits of having vending machines in your offices. Consider the following:
• Some research has shown that employees who have vending machines at work tend to show more satisfaction at work than those who don’t. When employees can get hydration and nutrition with ease they will feel better about the workplace and therefore be more productive. Happy employees make for a happy workplace.
• You will be able to get more out of employees if you have vending machines at work. Have you ever thought about how much company time you lose every time an employee has to go out to get themselves a coffee or a snack? Now multiply that by everyone who works for you to see just how much more productive they can become if you had a few vending machines installed.
• A vending machine is not very different from the water cooler when it comes to employee camaraderie. It isn’t uncommon for employees to work for months or even years without knowing each other because they never get a chance to meet and socialize. Strategically located vending machines give them a chance to chat with one another for a few minutes whenever they need to get a snack, water or coffee. This kind of interaction not only provides for cooperation in the workplace, it can also lead to higher creativity because employees can share ideas.
• It is not only your employees who will benefit from having vending machines in your business premises. Your customers and other stakeholders will too because they can use them any time they are in your offices.
• Vending machines are very easy to find and manage. You can search for an installer by doing an online search for “vending companies near me“, call them and have them do the installation. Once the machines are in you can tell them what healthy snacks you would like to have dispensed and whenever you run low you can just call them and have your machines restocked.
While having vending machines in your business, whether it is large or small or a call center, is a great idea you must make it clear to your employees that they should strive to eat home cooked meals a few times a week. While they may get some nutrition from the vending machines at work, they will not get nearly the range of nutrients that the body requires to stay healthy. If there are employees with any particular food issues or allergies make sure that they know what is contains in the vending machines so that they can make informed choices.
What you look for in the vending machine companies?
When you search for “vending machine companies near me“, you may get lots of options so you have to know what to look for in a vending machine company. The best companies invest in the latest technology in vending machines and they ensure that they have little or no downtime – your machines will work properly most of the time. Should you have any problems the vending machine company will send a technician to you within the hour to restore operations to normal. A good vending machine company will also make sure that they have a variety of snacks and drinks available for customers to choose from.